Pages

Sunday 25 November 2012

Digbeth Dining Club

Birmingham has something really exciting and fresh on the scene. Digbeth Dining Club brings the best 'street food', paired with great music - the atmosphere is completely different from anything else in Brum at the moment.
I spent Friday evening gorging on beautiful pizzas from Pizza Monkey, and fresh tastes of Caribbean food from Soupremes Soulfood.







Polina and I shared two pizzas and a curry goat, which was a clear winner for me - tender meat, fluffy rice, and the spiciness was just right... Pizzas were flavoursome, crispy and chewy in the right places, my favourite was a Simple Monkey - a classic combo of melting mozzarella, fresh basil and tomatoes.

Lakosa, Augustus Gloop and Dr Love played some chilled out hip hop, dub, house and garage, which added to the atmosphere of this unique venue. 






I can't recommend DDC enough, it's definitely a place to be on a Friday evening for those who enjoy great quality, locally sourced food, a few drinks and chilled out tunes.

Digbeth Dining Club is on every Friday (they will have a break in January) at Spotlight, they open at 5pm for drinks and serve food from 6pm to 11pm or until it sells out, (I did miss out on jerk chicken, as it was gone before I knew it). Follow these guys on Twitter for updates on what's to come next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment